Fall is officially here which means all of your favorite foods are being infiltrated by the festive flavor of pumpkin spice, and French toast is no exception! So warn your designated RV kitchen chef that the harvest is upon us and all-things-pumpkin
have arrived. And while you’re at it, don’t forget to slip them this recipe for mouthwatering pumpkin French toast. There is no better way to begin a day of apple-picking and pumpkin patch browsing than with this delicious breakfast dish!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 C. milk
- 1/2 C. pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 10 slices of thickly-sliced bread
Here’s How To Make It:
1. Heat up a non-stick griddle to medium-high heat (around 350º).
2. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg together. Whisk well.
3. Taking a slice of your bread, slide each side through the mixture so that it soaks up some of the batter. Then transfer your bread onto the heated griddle.
4. After a couple of minutes, flip the bread over to cook the other side. Continue rotating on opposite sides until the French toast is golden-brown.
5. Remove your pumpkin French toast from the griddle and repeat Steps 3 and 4 until either your bread or your batter is gone.
6. Serve with maple syrup, Nutella
, or butter, and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
For more great meal ideas that are perfect for mornings in the RV, try these campfire berry muffins
or use the apples you hand-picked in the orchard to make these campfire baked apples
! While fall may mean the end of summer, it also means the start of some pretty drool-worthy foods!
What are some of your favorite pumpkin variations for the fall? Let us know in the comments so we can try them before the snow flies!