Do you love breakfast? Love cookies too? Well then combine the two and make breakfast cookies! These are a great make-ahead snack perfect for those who want to skip the morning meal prep and quickly grab some sunrise sustenance so they can get straight to the fun stuff! With fall arriving before we know it, we’ve put a tasty seasonal spin on our breakfast cookie recipe with this pumpkin edition! But these cookies will be so good, you’ll want to eat them year round!
This recipe yields 12 cookies. Double up on the ingredients to make an extra batch if you’re feeding a group of hungry campers! Trust us - if you make more than what you need, they won’t go to waste!
- 1 C. old-fashioned oats
- 1 C. quick cooking oats
- 1/2 C. pumpkin puree (not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 C. ground flaxseed
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1/4 C. peanut butter (substitute with Nutella if you’d prefer!)
- 2/3 C. dried cranberries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
How To Make
- In a bowl, combine the oats, cranberries, flaxseed, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, eggs, honey, and peanut butter to your mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Forming small scoops of your ‘cookie dough,’ space them out evenly on your cookie sheet. Bake them for 15 minutes in a 325 degree oven.
- Let them cool before enjoying. Keep them stored in the refrigerator for maximum freshness.
Who says you can’t have soft, dense, delicious cookies for breakfast? With this pumpkin edition breakfast cookie recipe, dessert for breakfast becomes just as awesome as having breakfast for dinner! Heck, these cookies are so nutritious and healthy that you won’t have to feel guilty if you have one with every meal!
For more amazing and easy breakfast ideas, check out these make-ahead breakfast recipes!