Fajitas are fantastic but not exactly thought of as a common camping food. Well they are when you make them kabob style! These fajitas on a stick let you make the perfect line up for your mouth! Everyone can make their own so you can be sure that they will all have exactly what they like!
We’re going to start this recipe off with a marinade for the chicken. This will help to get this chicken nice and juicy by absorbing all the flavors that make fajita chicken what it is. Make sure you get this ready at least an hour before you plan to make the fajitas so that the chicken has time to soak it up.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a gallon size zip lock bag and shake!
2. Place 1 lb chicken breast cut into cubes into the bag, seal and shake to coat, and refrigerator for at least one hour. The longer it sits the better the flavor will be!
Once you chicken is well marinated it’s time to get the fajitas assembled and cooked! Once they’re done you can eat them right off the stick or put them into a warm tortilla!
1 lb Chopped & Marinated Chicken Breast
1 Onion Coarsely Chopped
1 Red Pepper Coarsely Chopped
1 Green Pepper Coarsely Chopped
1 Yellow Pepper Coarsely Chopped
Kabob Skewers (if using wood, soak them in water for a while to keep them from catching on fire)
1. Preheat the grill while you assemble the fajitas. You’ll want it at about med-high heat.
2.Assemble each fajita on the sticks alternating meat and veggies.
3. Place your fajitas on the grill and close the lid. Cook around 4 min, turn, and then another 4 – 8 min.
Now that your fajitas on a stick are done you can dip them in anything you want! Suggestions for dip or a topping include sour cream, ranch, salsa, melted cheese, and guacamole! And for dessert, try this recipe
for delicious campfire baked cinnamon apples!