Sometimes it’s nice to get off the beaten path when it comes to camping recipes! There is just no limit as to what you can cook over a campfire! Campfire quesadillas are so delicious and easy, they’ll definitely become a staple meal of your camping menu lineup! You can add anything your heart desires to these tasty snacks, so you can change it up to keep things fresh! Set up a quesadilla bar at your campsite so your little campers can have fun making their own quesadilla! Here’s how!
What You’ll Need:
4 Large flour tortillas
2 Chicken breasts
1 Cup cheese, Mexican blend is a good choice!
Other fillings of choice, such as salsa, salsa con queso, corn, black beans, mushrooms, onions, spinach, peppers, jalapeños, and more!
Cooking oil (optional)
1. After you’ve built a good cooking fire, grill your chicken on a grill grate until thoroughly cooked. If you’d like, you can cook the chicken ahead of time to save this step!
2. If you’d like to cook any vegetables for your quesadilla, place your chosen veggies on a square of aluminum foil. Drizzle with oil, and cook on the grate until tender. You can also cook vegetables in a frying pan, if you’d prefer. (Optional)
3. Place four pieces of aluminum foil on your workspace. Place a tortilla on each piece of foil. Decorate your tortilla with your desired fillings, making sure to build on only one half of the tortilla.
4. Once filled, fold the tortilla in half, and fold foil around the tortilla, forming a packet.
5. Place your quesadillas on the grate over your campfire. Cook for a few minutes, turning once to cook both sides, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
6. Remove from the grill, allow a minute to cool, and enjoy!
What a simple and tasty campfire meal! Campfire quesadillas are so easy, inexpensive, and fun for a crowd! Now it’s time to get creative and find the best flavor combination! You could even pair these with tasty fajitas on a stick or dutch oven fire-seasoned rice chili for a south-of-the-border-inspired feast! Give them a try and let us know what you think!