There are endless ways to get creative with campfire cooking, especially for breakfast! Finding a camping breakfast that is both easy and quick with minimal prep and cleanup can be hard to find, but luckily a fun and tasty solution exists! Campfire berry muffins in orange peels are quick, simple, and incredibly tasty! Here’s the recipe!
What You’ll Need:
2 Packages of berry muffin mix of choice (“just add water” varieties are best!)
1 Pint of berries of choice
1. Cut each orange in half, making sure to make an even cut.
2. Using a spoon or other utensil, carefully scoop the orange slices out of the peel, taking care not to tear or puncture the peel. Keep the orange slices for a snack later in the day!
3. Prepare your muffin mix according to the package instructions. “Just add water” mixes are perfect for this camping recipe as you won’t need to worry about eggs or oil. If you can’t find a water-only mix, be sure to bring along the proper ingredients!
4. Fold in your berries to evenly distribute throughout batter.
5. Fill each orange peel about half of the way full with muffin batter.
6. Once you have good cooking coals, wrap each orange in two layers of aluminum foil, keeping the batter side up at all times to prevent spilling.
7. Place your wrapped oranges batter side up in the cooking coals. Cook for around 10 minutes, or until muffins are cooked all the way through.
8. Carefully remove oranges from the fire, allow them to cool for about a minute, and unwrap. Peel away the orange and enjoy a tasty muffin!
What an easy treat! You could enjoy these tasty campfire berry muffins in orange peels as a great snack any time of the day! Whip these up after a hearty meal of yummy campfire meatloaf or dutch oven fire-seasoned rice chili for a refreshing dessert! Try out different muffin types and different additives, like nuts or chocolate for an ultimately delicious treat!